Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sangria by Emeril Lagasse w/ revisions by Briana


This Sangria was A HIT at our engagement party. I got the recipe from Food Network (Emeril Lagasse), but made my own revisions. What you will need:

1 bottle of red wine (I used a Shiraz-Cabernet mix for a more "winey" taste)
1/4 Cup Brandy
1/4 Cup Orange Flavored Liqueur
2 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
2 Tablespoons Fresh Orange Juice
1/4 Cup Sugar (I used 1/3 Cup instead because at first it tasted watery/diluted)
1/2 Orange, thinly sliced
1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
1 unwaxed apple, cored, and cut into thin wedges (I did slices)
1 (750-ml) bottle of sparkling water, chilled
1 bottle of cranberry juice (my own addition)
1 large, pretty, punch bowl (my own addition)
1 jello mold (my own addition)


Directions: Combine everything except the sparkling water into the large punch bowl. Cover and chill about 2 hours. Meanwhile, pour cranberry juice into the jello mold & freeze. Once your mix is chilled, and your juice is frozen, add the sparkling water to the punch bowl. To loosen the frozen cranberry juice, turn jello mold upside down and run hot water over it. Be careful! Hold your hand underneath to catch it. Then, place the frozen juice mold into the punch bowl. This will keep the sangria cold, without diluting it as it melts. In fact, it makes your Sangria less alcoholic as the party goes on, which is a hidden little trick ;) Grab a ladle and serve!






No comments:

Post a Comment